- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 medium to large peeled sweet potato (OR: 1 small sweet potato)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 small eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbs. coconut oil (alternatives: olive oil, ghee, pastured butter)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grate zucchinis and sweet potato on a grater to get nice size shreds. (If you don't have a grater, you can use a vegetable peeler. Rotate the zucchini and sweet potato frequently while peeling thin strips.)
- Remove excess water by placing the shredded zucchini and sweet potato in a clean dish towel (or use thick paper towels) and squeeze out the excess water.
- Beat eggs into a glass mixing bowl and add your spices, almond flour, salt, and pepper.
- Place the zucchini and sweet potato shredding into the mixture and well combine.
- Heat a nonstick pan on HIGH heat and spoon/ladle the mixture into small fritter sizes, flattening like a pancake.
- Reduce the heat to LOW for 3 to 5 mins. on each side (depending on the size you made).
*Note: You can also bake them on an unbleached parchment-lined cookie sheet at 400 F. for 15-20 mins. or until golden brown.
Recipe makes 8 fritters. Serve on a romaine heart leafy green and top with tomato or avocado.
Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this recipe? Please like it and share! Do you want to see more like it? Share in the comments below!