On top of the fact that alcohol in general is not great for our waistline or metabolic function, if you are watching your sugar, or are gluten- or histamine-sensitive, finding a cocktail that works with your health in mind can be challenging. For this reason, I truly enjoy crafting health-conscious mocktails and sharing the joy.
Blending up or juicing watermelon gives this mocktail its vibrant color and delivers ample hydration and antioxidants to your cells. If you love watermelon like myself, you're probably thinking this drink would be delicious if I stopped right there; however, this drink gets even better! The rest of the ingredients will nourish, cleanse and stimulate! I'm looking forward to you trying this out. Here is how to make it. This recipe serves four.
- 1/2 of a mini watermelon, cut and cubed
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 1 champagne mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 T. water soluable collagen (bovine)...I like Great Lakes gelatin. This gives the drink a protein boost and collagen happens to be amazing for your skin and joints.
- 1 T. lucuma powder (a dried subtropical fruit that is a low-glycemic sweetener)...I use Navitas
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger spice
- 1/2 tsp of your favorite raw, organic honey
- 3-4 ice cubes, preferably from filtered or spring water
- Optional per glass - 1 drop of Young Living Grapefruit Vitality™ essential oil *Note - With a toothpick, stir 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil in each individual glass.
- a few dashes of sea salt to taste...salt the rim instead if you're up for it!
- After you've peeled and chopped the fruit, add all of the ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Pour into your favorite cocktail glass. I prefer a martini glass for this one; although, a copper tumbler or champagne glass would be amazing if entertaining.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest or fresh mint.
This recipe serves up 4 full, standard martini glasses.
I certainly will and I will aslo have you in mind!