- Clove - supports the immune system and promotes oral health
- Lemon - immune and cleansing supporting properties, powerful antioxidant d-limonene
- Cinnamon bark - supports wellness and promotes energy
- Eucalyptus - cleansing constituents which support the respiratory system
- Rosemary - detoxifying properties
With fall here and winter approaching, this is one essential oil we always have around to keep us naturally healthy through this time of year.
Inspired by 15th-century French thieves, the oils used in Thieves® was similar to an aromatic blend of herbs and spices used by French thieves who were caught robbing the dead and dying during the black plague(1). These thieves attested that what kept them free from ill was their aromatic concoction. Thieves® has been University tested for its cleansing properties(2). Highly effective, Young Living also offers household cleaner (pictured bottom-left) and other cleansing and immune supporting products made with Thieves®. For example, Thieves® toothpaste is the best toothpaste I have ever had! It leaves my teeth feeling silky smooth and slightly flavored with cinnamon and clove (pictured bottom-right).
To learn more about why our family recommends Young Living's brand, please click here.
- Topical Application: 1 drop Thieves® per 4 drops carrier oil (e.g. high quality olive oil, coconut oil). Applying to your feet soles, throat, and chest are good places to start. Note: If applying to children under 18 months, heavier dilution is always necessary: (start with 1 tsp of carrier oil to 1 drop of Thieves®).
- Inhalation: Diffusing Thieves® into the air with an essential oil diffuser is a great way to purify the air.
- Ingestion: Place 2-3 drops in a vegetable-based capsule and swallow for extra immune support.*
- Add 2-3 drops to a cloth to remove stubborn permanent marker stains.
- Dilute with carrier oil and apply to itchy skin to relieve irritation.
- Apply 1-2 drops to a cloth and wipe over any surfaces that need sanitizing.
- Add 10-15 drops to your diffuser to protect your family and home against mold spores.
- Add 1 drop to your toothpaste if you do not use Young Living's brand of Thieves® toothpaste.
You can purchase Thieves® and Thieves® related products through Attainable Health, here.
Likely my favorite essential oil of all time, I know you will love it, too!
- SK Shahi & AC Sukla, et al., Broad spectrum herbal therapy against superficial fungal infections, Skin pharmacology and applied skin physiology, 2000, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 60-64
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your health care professional about any serious disease or injury. Do not attempt to self-diagnose or prescribe any natural substances such as essential oils for serious health conditions that require professional attention.