- 1 Tb. of your favorite peanut butter brand. I recommend an organic with just dry roasted peanuts. (Better to add sea salt yourself than have a pre-salted nut-butter. You can control sodium much better and will get some extra minerals from the sea salt.)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 large ripe (brown-speckled) banana
- 1/2 Tb. milled flaxseed (pre-ground is easier for your body to take up nutrients).
- 1 1/2 cups of vanilla almond milk
- Pinch of dried unsweetened coconut (optional).
- Layer your smoothie ingredients, starting with the almond milk, followed by the flax seed, peanut butter, banana, and frozen strawberries.
- Blend until creamy.
- Top with optional shredded coconut and peanut butter drizzle.
- Garnish with a strawberry (because it's fun)!