- Finely chop your medjool dates, mixed nuts, and shredded carrots. If you are doing this all by hand, you can buy all of your ingredients pre-chopped; however, you may want to refine them a little more for texture. Pre-shredded carrots are easy to work with. Use a sharp chef's knife. If you are using a food processor, you can combine all your ingredients and pulse slowly until you achieve your desired consistency. A high-speed blender can also be used; however, you may have to blend in stages as you will have less surface area in a blender, and things will get sticky!
- Fold the finely chopped mixed nuts into the date mixture. This is your canvas. You can leave it as is for a simple treat or you can dress it up. Today, we are making carrot 'cake.' Yum!
- Add your spices to your finely shredded or chopped carrots (by hand, food processor, or blender).
- Create a bowl shape/center dent into your date and nut mixture to fold in your carrot and spice mix.
- Mold into a large ball to blend everything evenly.
- Break off 1-1.5" balls to press into your unbleached cupcake or muffin liners, tin, or any silicone mold you have. Don't have any of these? Shape by hand!
- Place in the freezer for about 45 minutes until they are chilled and a little firm. Or, you can simply store in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy your guilt free, energizing, mood boosting, carrot 'cake!'
Tell me what you think! Did you enjoy this recipe? Please like it and share! Do you want to see more like it? Share in the comments below!