- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 medium to large peeled sweet potato (OR: 1 small sweet potato)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 small eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil (alternatives: olive oil, ghee, pastured butter)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grate zucchinis and sweet potato on a grater to get nice size shreds. (If you don't have a grater, you can use a vegetable peeler. Rotate the zucchini and sweet potato frequently while peeling thin strips.)
- Remove excess water by placing the shredded zucchini and sweet potato in a clean dish towel (or use thick paper towels) and squeeze out the excess water.
- Beat eggs into a glass mixing bowl and add your spices, almond flour, salt, and pepper.
- Place the zucchini and sweet potato shredding into the mixture and well combine.
- Heat a nonstick pan on HIGH heat and spoon/ladle the mixture into small fritter sizes, flattening like a pancake.
- Reduce the heat to LOW for 3 to 5 mins on each side (depending on the size you made)
*Note: You can also bake them on a unbleached parchment lined cookie sheet at 400 F. for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
Recipe makes 8 fritters. Serve on a romaine heart leafy green and top with tomato or avocado.